The P0301 is not too different than the P0300 trouble code, the only difference being that this particular code is only triggered by an improper firing in the cylinder #1. Thus the name Cylinder #1 Misfire. This time is neither random nor multiple so the driver’s or the mechanic’s attention will be directed towards this cylinder.
The symptoms are also the same: the computer reports the malfunction and illuminates the Check Engine Light which in most of the cases is also the only symptom recorded by the driver, hard engine start, the engine jerks when the driver accelerates, hesitant engine, fuel economy decrease, power is lacking, or rough idling.
What Leads to P0301?
It’s easy to say that the cylinder #1 is not firing properly however there are a multitude of malfunctions that case the triggering of the P0301 trouble code:
- One very popular trigger for this code is found in the Ignition System.
- Vacuum leakage.
- Broken oxygen sensor.
- Not enough fuel pressure.
- Camshaft Sensor defection.
- Some defection in the EGR system.
- Improper ignition timing.
- Broken vehicle computer, which is handled through a rapid replacement.
P0301 Indicated Solutions
The obvious solution in the case of any trouble code is to reset the respective code, drive for another day and pray that the code doesn’t make its comeback. Who knows, you might get lucky and there was only a problem with the computer.
Check for wear signs in the following components: ignition wires, spark plug, ignition coil, and distributor cap together with the rotor. But what are the signs for the mechanic or the driver to pay close attention to? To see if these pieces are not worn out they should have a sandy color. Plus the presence of factors like corrosion or arcing signs is an indicator that the respective component(s) must be replaced until it doesn’t stop the combustion process completely.
If you have the proper equipment like a scan tool, make sure that the voltage for the cylinder #1 is situated around 8-10 kilovolts. The clue that leads to the conclusion that the catalytic converter must be replaced is the smell of rotten eggs in the exhaust. That one cannot be missed for sure.
If the problem appears when you accelerate and you feel the engine jerking then the malfunction might be located in the overdrive gear or the Lockup Torque Converter might present a chattering clutch. On the other hand, if the problem appears during deceleration then the causes might be: the transmission is shifting hard, sticking brake pads, or rotors are badly warped.
Even if you as a driver wouldn’t be the one handling the repairing of whatever is causing the triggering of the P0301 code, these pieces of information are very useful because you would be able to know exactly what your mechanic is doing and if he is executing a professional job. The diagnostic is the most important part, just as it is with medical cases.
If the problem is wrongly identified then you might end up changing the entire engine so make sure that your mechanic sets the right cause for the P0301 code and for more information read also the post on the P0300 code.
- p0301 (439)
- po301 (128)
- P0301Code (84)
- p301 (62)
- p0301 code (27)
- p0301 code solutions (23)
- code po301 (22)
- po301 code (19)
- po300 (18)
- www p0301 com (12)
- gm p0301 (10)
- 0301 com (7)
- gm code p0301 (4)
- PO300 Code Solution Cylinder Misfire (3)
- engine code p0301 (2)
- ford code p0301 (2)
- gm code 0301 (2)
- troubleshooting P0301 (2)
- what does po301 code mean on vw caddy 2007 (2)
- po 301 code on 1999 gmc 5 3 (2)
- gm 3 6 dtc p0301 (2)
- p0301 p0300 (1)
- p0301 engine code on 2010camaro (1)
- p0301 code how to fix (1)
- p0301 check engine code (1)
- p0300 p0301 5 4 (1)
- p0300 & p0301 dtc (1)
- p0174 obd2 blazer p0300 (1)
- p0172 p0174 p0300 p0201 p1000 (1)
- p301 trouble code ford (1)
- yhs-zugo (1)
- www。0301a com (1)
- troulble code pf 301 (1)
- Troubleshooting P0301 Code (1)
- trouble code p0301 for chevy equinox (1)
- SPRINTER OBD2 CODE P0301 (1)
- solution for dtc code p0300 solution (1)
- po301 code chevy (1)
- po300 engine misfire smells rotten eggs (1)
- what is 0300 and 0301 codes on a 2008 smart car (1)
- po 300 po301 po302 on 2008 chevrolet impala 3 9 (1)
- p301 vehicle fault code (1)
- yukon tahoe intermittent P301 code (1)
- odb codes p0301 (1)
- CODE READING ON CARS PO301 (1)
- code po301 ford (1)
- code po301 and car wont start (1)
- code po301 & po304 (1)
- chevy truck code301 (1)
- chev 403 code po300 (1)